Please note that the address for Newcastle Upon Tyne Daily Photo has changed to www.NewcastleUpontyneDailyPhoto.com/
Please change your favorites and links to this new address.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
You will be redirected in 2 or 3 seconds. If not you may click on the link shown above.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Robert Stephensons' Factory.

Robert Stephenson(son ofGeorge , the founder of the railways) ,opened and ran the first ever locomtive factory in the world. Newcastle Central station is 100 yards behind were I am standing when I took this photograph.
The PLAQUE on the wall.
For more info about the Stephensons GO HERE.

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisi said...

Hi Chris, beautiful shot with good color and light!

8:09 AM  
Blogger Andreea said...

love the shot and how you used the light

8:25 AM  
Blogger Pierre said...

"Kissed my girl, by the factory wall..."
Hi Chris, I love these old industrial buildings.. Great light on this pic!

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anne said...

This is a beautiful photo Chris! Beautiful lightning...and I love the colors! Great job!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

The Stephensons reminds me too much of school history lessons. Real nice photo? love the sun on the brown bricks, good one Chris.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Lorethian said...

I love it. Well done.


http://kansascitydailyphoto.blogspot.com/

1:11 PM  
Blogger Wilf James said...

Now Newcastle upon Tyne?? Is that not nearly in Scotland and people speak with a very funny accent and they make beer that blows your socks off??

Just kidding Chris, well maybe not for the beer, thanks for your welcome. I’m a Scot and in my younger days visited a place called Seahouses just over the boarder. And another memory of hitchhiking north back to Scotland and having to walk all the way through Newcastle – south to north - and then having to sleep in a wood because I could not get a lift late in the evening. Those were the days when I had no money. Come to think of it not a lot has changed!!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Nuno said...

Chris your photos at shutterchance are all 5*****

9:48 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I love the ugly made beautiful! Great light.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home