Please note that the address for Newcastle Upon Tyne Daily Photo has changed to www.NewcastleUpontyneDailyPhoto.com/
Please change your favorites and links to this new address.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
You will be redirected in 2 or 3 seconds. If not you may click on the link shown above.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Bowling Green.

Back to Armstrong Park today. There is something I really like about bowling green's...can't really explain it,but I love the order and perfection I think. In the background is the park cafe and store room--which somehow seems wrong,as it is such a great looking building

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

When you say "bowling green" you mean people actually do lawn bowling here? (In NYC there's a Bowling Green in Manhattan, and 2 Bowling Green Universities, in Ohio and Kentucky...but I don't think anyone bowls there! How do you play?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

It's been great catching up with your pictures chris...I love the street people series...and I love the building behind the Bowling green...seems like a lovely place..

2:00 PM  
Blogger Lisi said...

Hey Chris, you get a new banner, great! And thanks for your comments. I like the perspective of this photo.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Louz said...

I was scrolling through and enjoying your blog and had to comment on this one. I lived for two years in Bowling Green, Ohio and no there is no bowling green. There are also towns named Bowling Green in Kentucky as mentioned and also Virginia and Florida. I guess bowling greens were pleasant memories for early English settlers.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home