Please note that the address for Newcastle Upon Tyne Daily Photo has changed to www.NewcastleUpontyneDailyPhoto.com/
Please change your favorites and links to this new address.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
You will be redirected in 2 or 3 seconds. If not you may click on the link shown above.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Lego men.

The local council paid £270,000 for this street art. Nearly everybody hated it!! It got so bad at one time the council said that anybody wanted it they could have it for free! Its now going to be moved to the nearby skate park.What the LOCAL PAPER said.
Go here for a more "REFLECTIVE VIEW"'.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

i think it's kind of cute , perhaps not worth the money paid ! Now wasting more money to relocate , hmmm ???

8:13 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

really...they look good to me...

8:53 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Yeah they look kinda good to me too...too bad they will be moving it...

9:17 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

I'm not sure if I like them or not. The price is surely something. But I guess there was a nice idea behind it. What building do they surround?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Grant F said...

i kind of like them, but then again, controversial public art projects are always seen as a waste of council tax payers' hard-earned pounds!

9:55 AM  
Blogger luggi said...

It doesn't really work, does it? Even the pigeons won't go near them, because I don't see any pigeon shit on them.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Ggraph said...

All I can say about it is I wish I had made them 7 got paid that much. lol Have a good weekend.
Regards,
Mark

2:56 AM  
Blogger Vancouver Daily Photo said...

It is wonderful to know that other cities have the same problems as us. Too many, too much, too long!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home