Please note that the address for Newcastle Upon Tyne Daily Photo has changed to www.NewcastleUpontyneDailyPhoto.com/
Please change your favorites and links to this new address.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
You will be redirected in 2 or 3 seconds. If not you may click on the link shown above.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Goal!

I waited about 40 mins to get this shot but just couldnt get what I wanted...still this is ok I suppose. This poster is for the film/movie,Goal! (WATCH A TRAILER here). It is about a Mexican who moves to L.A and gets chance to play for Newcastle United. The film is ok,but the main reason for seeing it is how stunning Newcastle looks on it. I always joke that the film was directed by the 'NEWCASTLE TOURIST BOARD'. It makes my city look amazing.

Go here to see another reason to LIVE HERE.

9 Comments:

Anonymous alli said...

we live in an amazing city though Chris. Its not a film i was interested in watching but i believe some of the shots were taken during a match at St James'.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Pierre said...

Great, those two supporters. I like their movment, while the player on the ad is still...
Do you remember another movie which took place in Newcastle? Maybe ten tears ago, with Sting...?

3:19 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

It comes out next Friday in France and have reserved it for the same evening, we ( my boys) have been looking forward to it seeing it for months.
Only 52 days to the world cup England.....England

6:39 PM  
Blogger chris.h. said...

Pierre--I do...'Stormy Monday' dreadful film!!
Mark--enjoy the film--there is some great one liners in it(if you can understand the accent!!),and your boys will love the football action.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Lorethian said...

Love the look of the two fans. I must admit that soccer dosent have the apeal here in the states it does there. The problem is there isnt long enough breaks to include snaks and trips to the head. That is why we have football.

http://kansascitydailyphoto.blogspot.com/

7:24 PM  
Blogger Ggraph said...

Chris,
I'll look for it here but don't know if we'll get it on the big screen. maybe on DVD for rent.
Regards,
Mark

8:42 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Chris, I have family all over the North East, spent a few holidays, South shields love the area and it's people.

9:26 PM  
Blogger luggi said...

According to the poster, it's out on DVD. I must find it.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Alexander said...

Be sure to watch Goal 2 when it hits the theaters this fall, and you will see footage from Rosenborg-Real Madrid in this year's CL at Lerkendal Stadium in Trondheim. From what I read in the newspapers there is supposed to be quite a lot of coverage from this game in the sequel.

1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home