Please note that the address for Newcastle Upon Tyne Daily Photo has changed to www.NewcastleUpontyneDailyPhoto.com/
Please change your favorites and links to this new address.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
You will be redirected in 2 or 3 seconds. If not you may click on the link shown above.

Friday, March 17, 2006

St.Patricks Day.

I took this picture at my local metro station, for everybody who is celebrating St.Patricks day. I find it really strange that the English party more on this day than when it is St.Georges day! Is it like that everywhere else? Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicola said...

I haven't heard of St. Georges day yet... When is that?

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should know by now that us Geordies will party what ever the occassion

10:21 PM  
Blogger chris.h. said...

Nicola--St George is England patron Saint--and to prove my point--I dont know when his day actually is!!
Anonymous---of course I knew that--in fact your wrong--we dont NEED an occasion to party-we just will!(a little bit like the Irish in fact)

12:30 AM  
Blogger mea said...

Ah well, any excuse for a party. You should see the celebrations here in the US! (I'm still recovering)

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told that Butte, Montana has the BEST (rowdiest) St. Pat's Day party. It also has a whore-house museum. Chris, with that hat you have on in the photo it seems to me you have spent some time in Butte.

Mark in California

9:47 PM  
Blogger chris.h. said...

Sounds like I might want to!! I bought this in Austin ,Texas July 1995,sorry to say the only time I have ever been to the States(so far!)

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home