Please note that the address for Newcastle Upon Tyne Daily Photo has changed to www.NewcastleUpontyneDailyPhoto.com/
Please change your favorites and links to this new address.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
You will be redirected in 2 or 3 seconds. If not you may click on the link shown above.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Byker Wall.

BYKER WALL was built at the end of the 70's and comprises 620 maisonettes..It was designed by Ralph Erskine and has recieved many awards.I think it might be unique in the UK. Some people love it,some hate it. Me? I'll let you make up your own mind. Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger midnitebara said...

well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..,!
personally I prefer the simple, more homey type of structures, but this edifice is surely unique and would definitely catch everybody's attention.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Strange building.

6:17 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

I think it's cool, at least it is different from most apartment buildings.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Michael Blamey said...

Bit contrived - unless the slope has something to do with letting sun and/light in somewhere

10:57 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Interesting shot. Looks as if it might fall over. You could probably walk down the roof.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Vancouver Daily Photo said...

I love it. Can I use it for one of my townhome blogs?

6:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home