Please note that the address for Newcastle Upon Tyne Daily Photo has changed to www.NewcastleUpontyneDailyPhoto.com/
Please change your favorites and links to this new address.
I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
You will be redirected in 2 or 3 seconds. If not you may click on the link shown above.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Blue Carpet

Outside the Laing Art Gallery ,we have what is known as the 'Blue Carpet'. As you can see its actually the pavement but its made to look like a badly laid carpet. I quite like it although its more a speckled grey than blue but I guess that wouldnt have sounded quite so good! For a
a closer look go here

9 Comments:

Blogger local b said...

Wow, kind of strange. Really does give the illusion of carpet someone is tearing out of their house. Especially up against that wall. What are the posts for? Do they line the entrance?

11:37 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Great shot and not what I expected to see from there. Makes me wonder what else I'm missing in Newcastle Upon Tyne (that's a mouthful!). I guess you'll be showing us!

6:05 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

Hi Greeting from HK and welcome to DP family. This is a cool shot and looks like you have some creative artists in New Castle!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Oooops, I just stumpled over the carpet ;-D. Cool picture!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Rob said...

Hi Chris,

I've just found you.

Some great shots from odd angles - Love that!

Didn't they have the machine to cut the bits around the bollards?

10:28 AM  
Blogger chris.h. said...

Thanks for the comments everybody! I think the bollards are there just so they could make the 'carpet' look the way it does although it is a pedestrianised area,so no traffic.Art plays a very big part in Newcastle these days--I will show you more in time.

3:03 PM  
Blogger heidi said...

I do like this shot. So strange but interesting.

2:35 AM  
Blogger Amande said...

Excellent, that made me smile :)

12:25 PM  
Blogger dan said...

I like this-Its great the way it gives the illusion of being able to rip up the pavement, like its fabric

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home